RICHMOND AREA AUTO DEALERSHIP WITH SEVERAL LOCATIONS SEEKING EXPERIENCED AUTOMOTIVE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Seeking Candidates that are career oriented with aspirations of future advancement to position of Controller and/or CFO.
Responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day operations of the accounting office, accounting staff management, assistance with month-end closing, financial statement preparation and analysis of General Ledger accounts and schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist CFO with preparation of financial statements and ensure timely submission
- Supervise accounting office staff-accounts receivables, accounts payable, billing clerks, title clerks
- Keep the CFO informed of the trends and the cash needs of the business
- Maintain and post monthly standard entries
- Setup and maintain accruals for expenses
- Work with office staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
- Run and review expense trend reports
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivables, credit approvals, collections
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts and schedules are reconciled monthly
- Reconciliation of finance reserve statements and monthly adjustments
- Reconciliation of monthly floorplan statements.
- Preparation and filing of Form 8300 reports as needed
- Post and reconcile daily bank transactions
- Provide back-up for all positions in accounting office
- Continually train and cross-train accounting staff as needed.
- Maintains and inspects for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain adherence with Corporate Policy
Education and Experience:
- Must be well versed in automotive accounting
- Experienced in closing a month, creating Financial Statements, controlling costs, and all aspects of the accounting office in a dealership setting
- Prior experience as an Office or Accounting Manager in a dealership setting
- Be able to explain technical financial data in an understandable manner
- Must be detailed oriented and possess good organizational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Must possess a strong willingness to adhere to established policies/procedures and hold others accountable
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft! Word and Excel
- Accounting degree preferred
- MUST have a can-do, positive, helpful, encouraging attitude! **
Company offers excellent salary, benefits and possibility of future advancement. All applicants must be able to pass background check, drug test, and have a clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time