Verde Homes., It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the urban infill single and multi-family buyer. Please visit our website at www.myvh.net for more information. We are a small growing company.
Verde Homes. is currently looking for a Accounting Manager to work for the President. The right candidate will provide accounting support to the Company's operating divisions, executes various corporate accounting functions ensuring compliance with GAAP, corporate policies, external and internal audits. Completes additional accounting or finance projects as assigned.
- As checks are received for various subsidiary businesses, verify their accuracy, enter them into the appropriate system, and prepare journal entries to record receipt;
- Prepare daily cash entries based on daily bank statements and intercompany transactions.
Coordinate and monitor the month-end closing process by:
- Ensuring all journal entries have been prepared and posted;
- Carefully reviewing revenue recognition assumptions and ensuring accurate accrual expenses as necessary;
- Preparing reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts;
- Work with operational divisions to ensure all transactions have been properly reflected in the financial statements.
Forecasting / Budgeting
- Prepare and review regular forecasts for a portion of the Financial Services entities.
- Review variances between actual results and budgeted amounts and communicate these differences to management.
- Extract data from existing system and create new data base to accurately analyze A/R accruals
- Create and monitor monthly aging of accounts receivable.
- Coordinate with operations management ensure receivables are collected timely and assist in collections as necessary.
Accounts Payable processing:
- Review invoices for accuracy;
- Code invoices for processing Accounts Payable.
Financial analysis and interpretation
- Create revenue analysis models to ensure reasonableness and accuracy of the results
- Prepare variance analyses on expenses and communicate reasons for the variances to management.
Other Duties as assigned:
- Prepare schedules as requested for the Corporate tax department.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Create schedules and provide information to our joint venture partner(s) on a regular basis and review information they provide to Verde Homes prior to distribution.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public accounting experience (3+ years).
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred.
- Homebuilding industry experience using JD Edwards, especially G/L and Job Cost is a plus.
- Experience with job cost (cost accounting) environments are helpful.
- CPA strongly preferred (but not absolutely required with exceptional experience)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Excel and Access (VBA knowledge would be helpful but not required).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must work approximately 40 hours per week (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed
- This job is work from home but have the ability to be flexible and work in office 2 days a week if needed.
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Salary between $40,000 and $45,000 plus annual performance bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Senior Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- home builder: 3 years (Required)