Who are we?
LOC Software is the North American leader in software development for retail. For nearly 30 years, we have been providing solutions designed to enable more frequent, profitable and manageable transactions. We are the first fully connected platform that breaks traditional molds by bridging the gap between yesterday and the future of distribution.
If you aspire to participate in the growth of a company proudly Canadian while developing your abilities and where your ideas will be heard, LOC Software is the employer for you!
The main role of the Application Support Specialist at LOC is to support and train our customers and business partners in the use of our computer software, to ensure its proper functioning, and to perform the level 2 support activities. They will work closely with the programmer to ensure an adequate level of service for all IT tools. They will be actively involved in quality control activities and documentation of our software.
Under the supervision of the Support and Delivery Team Director, the Application Support Specialist will:
- Respond to phone calls and / or emails from our customers and business partners
- Assess the level of urgency and manage the order of priority
- Identify, analyze and resolve customers' difficulties in the form of banknotes
- Document problem solving
- Become an expert on the different facets of our software in order to train our customers in the use of our applications
- Participate in the evolution of our processes by creating documents and improving existing ones
- Perform verification tests on our applications before delivery
- Analyze and adjust some customization requests of our applications by requiring the participation of the programmer
- Respect our protocols and procedures in place
- Experience in technical support
- Experience with point-of-sale software
- Knowledge of the retail market
- Knowledge of how reward points and loyalty programs work
- Familiarity with the management of grocery coupons, pharmacies, department stores and suppliers
- Very good command of English and French languages (written and oral)
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
College diploma, AEC or the equivalent in a relevant field
Years of Work Experience:
2 to 5 years of experience in customer service, technical and application support
Why work at LOC?
- General experience in SQL (Queries)
- General knowledge of TCP/IP
- Functional knowledge of Spanish (spoken & written)
We offer a stimulating work environment where challenges are not lacking!
You will evolve in a fast-growing environment where our employees are our most valuable asset. LOC Software is a creative place, rich in diversity with a pleasant atmosphere. We offer a competitive compensation program, a RRSP/DPSP program, a full range of benefits and a continuous improvement program adapted to the needs of the employee. In addition, you will be close to major highways and have access to parking.