Lobster Place is seeking a Food & Beverage Director
for our unique Chelsea Market operation, comprising of the Cull & Pistol Oyster Bar, Lobster Place Seafood Hall, and Retail Market.
Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, hardworking individual with a passion and dedication for our growing business.
In order to be considered for this position
, please submit your resume with a brief cover letter that answers the following two questions:
1. Describe a recent exceptional hospitality experience you had (please include the venue name and service details).
2. What are your career goals?
As a Food & Beverage Director, you will be responsible to:
- Lead and inspire a team of 4 department heads, 12 managers & 100+ full-time and part-time employees to provide exceptional service to our guests
- Set goals, provide clear expectations, and follow established processes to support all managers in their career development while meeting business objectives
- Develop and deliver training programs to promote our culture of genuine hospitality, empowerment, and growth
- Maintain operations by creating and executing standard operating procedures
- Maintain guest satisfaction by evaluating and auditing food, beverage, product & service offerings; initiating and executing change when necessary
- Meet financial objectives through variance analysis; establishing and monitoring financial controls; implementing strategies to increase sales
- Working with HR team on team recruitment, hiring, coaching, progressive discipline
- Labor management
- Facilities management
- Upholding DOH food safety
- Displays and incorporates the Lobster Place core values in every action- Respect, Friendliness, Stewardship, Professionalism, Quality & Dedication
- Other duties, as requested and required by the senior leadership team
We are looking for:
- Extensive F&B background with a minimum of 5 years experience in restaurant management
- Time in multi-unit/multi-concept environments, a plus
- A lead-by-example, hands on mentality
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize while maintaining a clear view of the big picture
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, leadership, and communications skills
- A professional, enthusiastic, and positive attitude role modeling warmth and hospitality
- A thorough understanding of all FOH & BOH operations
- Thorough understanding of Excel and an excellent analytical ability
Our benefits package is competitive:
- Salary $95,000-$105,000, depending on experience
- Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental, and Company-Paid Life Insurance
- 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Two consecutive days off
- Employee Discounts
- Transit discount program
- 401(k) plan w/ a generous Company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for team for team members and their families going through a difficult time
Established in 1974 and located in the heart of Chelsea Market, Lobster Place is a one-of-a-kind seafood experience consisting of a best-in-class retail seafood market, sushi bar, temaki bar, steamed lobster counter, raw bar, quick-service seafood concept called C & P Galley & full-service restaurant called Cull & Pistol – giving customers the opportunity to taste our products in their freshest form.
The Lobster Place is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and building an environment that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE.