1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
What you’ll be working on:
- Collaborating with the divisional leadership team to develop long-term strategic plans to improve the company’s Discount brand market position, competitive position, sales, and profit
- Championing the award winning discount brand campaigns to maintain the number one position through cutting edge insight built on creative and integrative marketing activities
- Strengthening partnerships across all LCL teams with the objective of building excitement and support for the discount brands, programs, and team initiatives
- Becoming the “voice” and advocate of the retail brand while protecting brand integrity
- Supporting the discount brand purpose, “Feed Everyone” through Brand Marketing practices
- Measuring brand business performance (sales, gross margin, return on marketing investment, delivery of consumer insights) against plan for all business units and course correct when necessary
- Directing the collection, mining and analysis of customer data in order to support sound business decisions throughout the organization and to provide a strong foundation for the development of discount brand strategy and consumer positioning
- Leading the development of the best-in-class communication messaging as well as the programs that will deliver customer centric messaging across all channels (broadcast media, print, electronic formats, in-store promotion, etc.)
- Developing, monitoring and managing within annual operating budgets
- Building and supporting a best-in-class discount marketing team. Leading and creating a culture of innovation that motivates team members to take risks and push boundaries
- Key member of the Discount Leadership Team, delivering market-leading metrics across all marketing programs
- Directly responsible for all business and customer touchpoints
- Responsible for attaining #1 brand health in each market we operate
How your performance will be measured:
- Sales, gross margin and contribution
- Return on marketing investment
- Delivery of best-in-class consumer insight to drive customer centric business decisions and performance improvement
- Creation of clearly positioned, cohesive consumer brand experiences (all touch points aligned) and brand health (awareness, understanding of core attributes, inclination to purchase, equity)
- Engagement survey results
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.