1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the full-cycle recruitment process, primarily for the Marketing, Data & Analytics and Customer Center of Excellence. In this role you will continually partner with clients to develop and execute recruitment strategies which meet the business needs through sourcing and selecting only the best talent.
What You'll Do:
- Talent Attraction : Deploy multi-faceted sourcing strategies to attract talent
- Full-Cycle Recruitment: Manage a high-volume portfolio. Conduct interviews to assess candidates; make hiring recommendations; providing support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process
- Campus Recruitment: Understanding the needs of your business units, partner with the Loblaw Talent Strategy team to develop and execute on annual campus recruitment calendar
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to understand current and future recruitment needs, and determine optimum sourcing strategies
- Consultant: As an expert in recruitment, you will provide feedback and recommendations to both the candidate and hiring manager regarding strengths and development opportunities, with the goal of selecting the most qualified candidate
- Offers of Employment: Manage the job offer process, including negotiation and background checks
- Tracking : You will use Workday to maintain information during the recruitment process; ensuring all information is current and activity is updated on a regular basis
- Ad-Hoc Projects: As a Subject Matter Expert in recruitment, support on various Talent related initiatives in the business as required
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 years’ of recruitment experience managing a diverse portfolio of roles
- Completed p ost-secondary education
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and support client groups who are innovative and ever changing
- Out of the box thinking with a proactive attitude
- Strong understanding of sourcing techniques and methods; effective at identifying and sourcing passive candidates
- Proven time management skills with the ability to effectively manage a corporate portfolio consisting of 25+ vacancies at one time
- Well-developed advisory skills; effective influencing and problem-solving skills
- Experience with MS Office, ATS software (Workday) and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Solid communication skills- Strong English verbal and written skills, & effective negotiation skills
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.