1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
- Drives joint decision making and functional design with operations and other support functions within the Supply Chain and IT
- Participates in key roles in multiple system projects towards ensuring that the functional design and delivery solutions meet business requirements
- Executes operational readiness plans and provides implementation support during warranty periods through systems projects
- Is accountable for producing sound and sustainable end-to-end Functional designs
- Reviews testing defects across FUT, SIT, Performance and System Testing, and UAT and actioning to bring to timely resolution
- Has knowledge in the configuration and design of Supply Chain systems
- Is responsible for creating robust functional design documentation
- Cross-trains other system analysts and operators to empower them as experts in their field.
- Engages in the active management of relationships with internal and external partners towards developing and maintaining systems
- Supports ongoing activities for supply chain systems, including estimations, configuration changes, testing new releases and exploring new functionality
- Ensures deliverables are executed with high quality, on time, within budget and are aligned with overall standards and processes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- University or College degree in a Technical Field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Has a strong system functional background in IT applications and well versed on technical aspects of the application(s)
- Demonstrated Project Management competencies: planning, budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, timely decision making, effective team building, ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately as well as deal with changing priorities
- Experience working on the business side of IT-related projects (e.g. Manhattan WMS Platform or Classic/ SAP) are an asset
- Has deep understanding and practical experience on how applications integrate together and how the overall data flow
- Experience in the Supply Chain Operations a highly valued asset
- Minimum 3-5 years Systems Project experience
- Familiarity with programing languages, SQL and relational database concepts
- Familiarity with reporting technologies (e.g. Jasper, Cognos) is an asset
- Implementation experience with multiple site roll-outs
- Experience in post implementation support and change management for existing systems
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.