1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
We are currently seeking a System Engineer to implement and manage Cloud systems and services, to ensure high levels of availability and security. The System Engineer is responsible for managing tools such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, and infrastructure automation. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our software engineering team to deploy and operate our systems. This Candidate will review processes to automate and streamline our operations, utilize your DevOps mindset to build out our tool-set, and successfully monitor our cloud operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or similar related field
- Proven record of success in administration of cloud infrastructure, SRE, DevOps tools and public clouds such as GCP and Azure
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies including CI/CD pipeline is required
- 5+ years of experience in administration of IT systems including compute, network, storage and access control
- Ability to deliver complex systems and automation solutions on time with no errors
- Proven record of success in monitoring cloud infrastructure and SaaS or PaaS applications
- Solid understanding of cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
- Strong experience in building, and automating Azure/GCP services such as VM Compute, Storage Blobs, Azure Cosmos, DB/Managed SQL, Key Vault, Application Gateways/Traffic Manager, Functions, Event Hubs/Service Bus, Azure AD & Roles, ARM, AKS and API Gateways, PVC, projects in GCP, Google Compute Engine, GCP Container Registry, Google Stackdriver, Filestore, GCP Pub/Sub and service accounts etc.
- Extensive experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Vault, SonarQube, Packer, Bitbucket, Nexus etc…
- Experience with scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell , Java, C++, Go)
- Good experience with centralized logging services like Stackdriver , ELK, DataDog, Splunk
- Strong experience with Linux, Windows operating systems and databases ( Oracle, SQL Windows , RHEL, CentOS, CoreOS)
- Strong experience with container technologies / platforms such as Pivotal and or Redhat OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Experience in migrating products from on premise to Cloud
- Hands-on experience deploying data analytics solutions in GCP using Big Query/ Cloud Dataflow/ Cloud SQL/ Cloud Storage.
- Good working knowledge of Java/ Python programming languages; knowledge of REST API frameworks
- Strong experience with setup of Disaster Recovery and High Availability Solutions
- One or a combination of the following certifications are desired:
- GCP, Azure MSCA/MSCE, VMware, DevOps tools and other cloud certifications or willingness to work towards certifications
- Energetic, motivated, and customer focused. Able and willing to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment. Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.