1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Sr. Director Projects & Analytics is responsible for the successful delivery of divisional mandates from ideation through to execution. Leading high performing Projects & Analytics team, they will successfully diagnose root causes, analyze and inform on trends, facilitate the development of the Divisional strategy, develop senior level content as well as execute and monitor performance of related initiatives. This role works directly with key internal and external stakeholders from various areas of the business and levels within the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage various projects and provide analytic and strategic support to divisional leads
- Support the Division by leading the execution of analytics required to support the development of long-term strategic plans to improve market position, competitive position, sales and profit
- Lead market reviews of competitive landscape and category deep dives on an on-going basis
- Review and prioritize project and analytical requests, assign resources as appropriate, ensure divisional mandates are adhered to
- Develop tangible measures of success and monitor progress of various projects and initiatives; lead team to effectively communicate to Executive Sponsors and Program Managers
- Support identification and assessment of project risks and mitigation strategies and provide disciplined approach to teams managing project issues and risks
- Oversee the management of Program and analytical results
- Provide status updates on projects and analytical initiatives to Executive Leadership teams as required
- Support the implementation of solutions/changes, including education and training, to staff on new roles/processes/functions as result of new projects within the business
- Support mobilization of Category Strategy process and provide ongoing data and insights
- Lead the collection and analysis of market competitive and industry insight
- Design, structure and ensure completion of analytics to allow for effective decision making and support adoption of new business strategies
- Collaborate across the business to identify opportunities to develop and implement improved business strategies within the Divisions, on an ongoing basis
- Provide leadership and coaching for direct reports as well as various project and analytical team members; manage overall budget for Project & Analytics teams
- Manage, train, motivate and appraise direct reports, including consideration of on-the-job training needs of each direct report, arranging appropriate training and providing timely feedback
What You'll Need:
- University or college degree in Business, or an equivalent degree in a related field of study, or related working experience; MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in management consulting, retail, and/or merchandising is an asset
- Superior analytical, problem solving and judgment skills
- Strong ability with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior planning and strategic execution skills
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills required
- Demonstrated ability to see insight in the data and effectively communicate ideas and actions to those at all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and constantly changing work environment
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.