243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Beauty Marketing Specialist
ARE YOU ON-BRAND? You might be. That is, if you’re the incredibly talented and lucky candidate chosen to join the Shoppers Drug Mart beauty marketing team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Beauty Marketing, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating, supporting and assisting in the development and execution of ongoing marketing programs that contribute to the growth of the beauty across Shoppers Drug Mart banners, including beautyBOUTIQUE. The Marketing Specialist will act as the liaison between internal and external stakeholders helping to shape the brand experience.
What you’ll do:
- In conjunction with the Beauty Marketing team, plan and coordinate execution on integrated marketing programs related to prestige beauty at Shoppers Drug Mart, while adhering to set timelines.
- Act as primary point of contact to category management peers and other internal stakeholders to implement marketing programs with support from the Senior Manager.
- Work closely with the internal business contacts to understand and contribute to the evolution of the integration process and to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Working with internal subject matter experts and external agency partners, coordinating and assisting with the development of communication programs to support marketing initiatives.
- Working with Senior Manager, category management and vendor partners, supporting marketing strategies to help achieve sales growth of key categories and driving store execution.
- Work closely with the Creative team to ensure execution aligns with overall marketing strategies and objectives.
- Assisting in the development and execution of the annual marketing plans.
- Working with Senior Manager, develop briefs and assist with the execution of the project from concept through to completion.
- Develop and manage project work streams including project management and follow-ups, purchase orders and budget reconciliation, store communications, legal approvals, prestige marketing books, as well as store and event management.
- Participate in partnership with our in-house media team to help drive and shape the overall strategy for beauty.
- Liaises with Business Analytics to track marketing campaign results. Proactively disseminates vendor results to managers, Category Management and the vendor community where applicable.
- Liaise with the creative team to assist with driving and guiding the creative process.
- Drive loyalty offers, redemption and engagement.
- Responsible for creating Purchase Orders and managing all invoicing, for all programs ongoing, ensuring payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage inventory of ongoing in-store marketing materials.
- Support ad hoc requests related to the greater marketing plans and projects.
- Liaises with Finance department to reconcile Marketing Expenses on a month to month basis by providing basic budget forecasts and maintaining the marketing budget.
- Ensure that all marketing collaterals and materials adhere with marketing compliance standards and processes
What you’ll need:
- A passion for beauty, marketing and Shoppers Drug Mart
- University or college degree in business, marketing or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in retailing, advertising, marketing or merchandising environment. Preferably experience in CPG environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Self-starter that takes ownership of their projects from start to finish
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, obtain approvals and build relationships
- Creative problem solver with a strong work ethic and ability to work within a team and autonomously a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Project Management experience
Key Measures (Performance indicators) :
- Ability to deliver day to day business administration, timeline management and plan execution
- Ability to manage/update budget and report
- Successful execution of projects
- Contribution to the achievement of brand objectives
- Contribution to plan development
- Ability to work well with colleagues
- Organizational skills
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.