243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Shoppers Drug Mart is looking for a social media guru with a passion for beauty products and the latest beauty trends to take on the role of Social Media Manager, Beauty. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic planning, briefing, writing and executing our beauty social media presence across the Shoppers Drug Mart social channels. (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook).
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic recommendations for beauty content for our social channels
- Develop and maintain beauty social media guidelines
- Lead the planning, development and execution of content for the channel, overseeing the following key processes:
- Development of creative briefs
- Pitching, presenting and championing ideas & concepts to senior team members
- Producing video & still shoots from ideation through to completion
- Working in tandem with the media team to ensure content and media objectives align
- Building of content calendar
- Leading collaboration sessions with internal partners and agencies of record
- Work closely in a cross-functional marketing department to achieve timely execution of all aspects of social media plans, including Creative, Media, PR, etc.
- Work closely with internal category management contacts in order to ensure alignment with business priorities
- In partnership with the Beauty Marketing Team, develop and execute a beauty influencer strategy.
- Ensure milestones are communicated and deadlines are managed between stakeholders to ensure successful execution of all content marketing and social media plans
- Represent Content/Social on set for campaign shoots – photography/videography
- Ensure the integrity of all creative and content is maintained according to brand guidelines and standards
- Lead the creation of content not currently created by agencies, partners, or creative studio (campaign and non-campaign)
- Vet and edit content from vendors and agencies to ensure quality and channel specificity
- Attend events (ie. product launches) to capture relevant content
- Project manage and/or execute monitoring and posting for live events
- Monitor feeds to ensure vendor and Customer Service are meeting demand
- Manage moderation through an external agency, ensuring consistency of brand voice and brand standards
- Manage customer service escalations
- Engage Influencers for key campaigns with a focus on social - with support from 3rd party agencies and/or PR
- Research and provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends
- Report on performance of all campaigns –and participate in recommending changes to current and future programs based on metrics
- Help maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, team members and business partners
What you’ll need:
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a college diploma or university degree in marketing, media or related field
- 5+ years proven Social Media Management experience
- Previous experience within the beauty category and in a retail environment is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of social media tools and listening platforms
- Bilingual English/French language skills are an asset, though not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with impeccable proofreading and grammar skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, pitch and present ideas, obtain approvals, build relationships and provide sufficient influence to achieve success
- Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication, and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with positive attitude and high energy level
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and reacting quickly to shifting priorities
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.