22 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2S7
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Director, Taxation, the Senior Manager, Taxation will serve a critical role within the George Weston Limited tax department, which provides corporate tax services to Loblaws, Choice Properties REIT, and Weston Foods. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Canadian tax reporting cycle of Choice and will work closely with key internal partners at Choice, fellow tax professionals at George Weston, and external service providers in carrying out those responsibilities.
- Manage the tax reporting cycle of the Choice group including the determination of the Choice tax provision and the accurate filing of required partnership, trust, and corporate tax returns.
- Review REIT status testing on a quarterly basis and monitoring activity to ensure REIT status is maintained.
- Forecast taxable income on a regular basis to ensure adequate distributions are paid annually, and maintain key real estate and partnership tax attributes.
- Lead the quarterly financial statement tax reporting process including review of financial statement tax notes and responding to requests from external auditors and assist the Director with the completion of the quarterly tax management report.
- Coordinate government tax audits including the preparation of information to be provided to Canadian tax authorities.
- Lead, supervise, and develop a seasoned tax analyst.
- Implement and document processes and controls with a continuous improvement mindset and utilize technology whenever possible.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director which may include performing tax research, preparing tax memoranda or assisting with presentations to the business or tax team.
- Designated Chartered Professional Accountant or equivalent with at least 4 years of tax experience
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course or Masters of Taxation Degree completed or in progress.
- Desire to develop real estate tax expertise and join a robust tax team offering future career opportunities covering all other tax aspects of the George Weston group
- Experience in preparing partnership and trust returns, tax research, preparing memoranda, and partnering with non-tax colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to liaise with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a proven ability to handle multiple priorities and see projects to completion.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to deliver results.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.