1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Managing a team of learning professionals, this position will ensure the design, development and delivery of learner centric solutions that are based on sound analytics and adult learning principles.
This position will ensure the use of best practice instructional techniques in the design, development and delivery of training programs that engage and motivate learners to achieve the desired outcomes.
This position will also ensure training is readily available and accessible to end users and monitored to ensure effectiveness, currency and customized to meet specific customer needs.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Learning & Development.
- Lead a team of learning professionals to deliver learner centric solutions that meet business objectives
- Provide coaching and performance development for direct reports
- Develop learning strategies which align with overall organization strategy and business priorities
- Drive the development and roll out of all learning solutions using program management and project management best practices
- Work closely and collaboratively with the HRBP and HR COE communities
- Manage all stages of the learning lifecycle in support of Talent Development Programs including learning strategy, curriculum design, content development, delivery support, measurement and maintenance
- Ensure quality and adherence to standards are maintained across areas of responsibility/portfolios
- Ensure learning solutions demonstrate best practices in adult learning principles, 70/20/10 framework and keep current with innovation, leading-edge modes of delivery, trends and technologies
- Manage costs and budget for programs within area of responsibility
- Monitor team and individual deliverables and provide relevant and timely reporting on status, progress and established L&D KPIs
- Evaluate and measure training programs and methodologies
- Identify, engage and partner with vendors and service providers to deliver learning solutions that are to standard and meet business objectives
- Post secondary education with specialization in adult education, human resources, organizational development or relevant experience
- 7-10 years experience designing, developing and executing learner-centric solutions to address knowledge, and/or skill
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, influence and build collaborative relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to adapt positively to a changing environment and manage shifting priorities
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects/programs
- Experience managing the work of others
- Strong communication, coaching, project management, organizational and leadership skills
- Financial acumen and experience managing costs/budgets would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to use design thinking principles and concepts in the development of learning centric solutions
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.