1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Pharmacy and Healthcare business is one of LCL’s key strategic growth drivers over the next 5 years. We are actively building a world-class team to deliver the technology products that will accelerate the transformation of the Pharmacy and Healthcare business into Canada’s undisputed digital leader. We are looking for a Senior Director to lead and shape the partnership between Loblaw Technology and the Pharmacy and Healthcare business to enable the digital future of the Canadian Pharmacy and Healthcare.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Solutions, the Senior Director, Business Engagement, will be accountable for driving relationships and shared results across the Pharmacy and Healthcare business and Loblaw Technology (LT). The role will involve leading a team of directors, managers, and business analysts, while building and nurturing relationships among senior business leaders within Pharmacy and Healthcare.
The Senior Director will be accountable for the following with respect to the Pharmacy and Healthcare portfolio:
- Business Engagement account plans and stakeholder management
- Three-year business capability enablement roadmaps for key products
- Capital planning and financial management processes, including project scoping and business case creation, accountable outcomes delivered
- Strategy and Analysis for projects, acting as Product Owner for key products
- Partnering across technology groups (architecture, delivery, innovation, operations) to deliver projects, products and business outcomes
- Improving Business Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) scores
What success looks like:
- Customer Satisfaction increases due to the improvements you’ve driven in how Loblaw Technology delivers value to the business day in and day out
- Colleague engagement increases due to the service excellence values you model and coach, and the priority you put in helping others grow and succeed
- Important outcomes are achieved on time and on budget due to the diligence, clarity and structure you brought to project and product scoping and planning
- Overall team talent increases due to the relentless passion you bring to creating fulfilling, authentic and learning-rich environments for your team
Strategy and Roadmaps
- Lead, in partnership with the business, development of 3-year roadmaps for how technology will support multi-year business capability roadmaps
- Partner with other products, platforms and groups on the development of new technology enablement patterns and capabilities
- Stay abreast of relevant innovation trends in technology and leverage the innovation team and process to pilot new and emerging technologies
- Represent and communicate technology capabilities and roadmaps, with associated benefits and impacts, back to the business stakeholders
- Ability to present to large audiences of Pharmacy and Healthcare stakeholders as part of Peers and Engagement meetings, representing Loblaw Technology’s plans, roadmaps, and improvement areas
Relationship Management and Customer Satisfaction
- Accountable for the business relationship management for Loblaw Technology with Pharmacy and Healthcare business partners as first point of contact
- Driving regular touchpoints with senior executives, providing comprehensive and valuable updates and on present projects and upcoming risk and priorities
- Work across LT and business leadership teams to define and adhere to a clear engagement model and decision framework to enable delivery success
- Continuously solicit feedback from the business on improvement areas, developing and delivering against impactful plans to address improvement areas and increase (business) customer satisfaction of LT services
Product and Project Delivery
- Responsible for taking ideas through scoping and analysis phases, to enable delivery teams to execute, both in waterfall and agile delivery models
- Driving clarity in decision making, scope articulation, assumptions, and risk management to set up delivery teams for success
- Review and approve key issues and decisions throughout the delivery lifecycle. Accountable for attaining the project and product outcomes
- Owning and driving the overall “I Want…” improvement plans, representing progress against the plan at key Peers and Engagement meetings
- Provide guidance and mentorship for business and product analysts as they articulate business needs through requirements and/or user stories
- Acting as Product Owner for certain key product areas, being responsible for overall product roadmaps, backlog definition and prioritization, and balancing decision trade-offs with effective communication
- Accountable for interfacing across product and platforms, operations and delivery, to coordinate and resolve work and timeline dependencies and conflicts
Leadership and Talent Building
- Provide leadership to ensure high-performing, cross-functional teams that can achieve business outcomes
- Be a coach, mentor, and role model for members of the Pharmacy and Healthcare Business Engagement and Product teams
- Demonstrate and model service excellence through responsiveness, honesty, integrity, credibility, and always following through on your word
- Building the next generation of leaders, and help your teams attain their career aspirations
- Leadership capabilities that foster a high performing delivery team
- Relationship management capabilities that foster strong relationships across Loblaw Technology and the Business
- Over 10 years leadership experience specifically within Relationship Management and large scale Project delivery
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, both 1-on-1 and in large group settings
- Track record of professionalism, innovation, responsiveness, dependability, integrity and high energy
- College, University degree and/or a professional designation with computer science or engineering background
- Experience in complex program delivery in the healthcare space
- Results focused, and willing to take the initiative to resolve issues
- Honest and ethical with unquestionable integrity
- Persuasively influence diverse audiences and stakeholders, with the ability to flex and persist in the face of demanding and sceptical constituents
- Demonstrated emotional maturity, self-awareness, and learning, with a strong capability in building interpersonal trust
- English speaking mandatory, French language preferred
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.