40 Hanna Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 0C3
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Looking for a challenge? Good. Love an innovative work environment? Even better.
At Loblaw Digital , we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experience, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we're up for the challenge. From our office in Downtown Toronto, we've created leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces, and we're only just getting started.
We're able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. If you have big ideas, undeniable enthusiasm, and thrive in a collaborative, creative, and diverse group, we'll get along just fine.
Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating e-commerce businesses for Canada's largest and most successful retailer. So far we've created leading responsive e-commerce experiences for Loblaws Click & Collect (shop.loblaws.ca), Shoppers Drug Mart beautyBOUTIQUE (beautyboutique.ca), and Joe Fresh (joefresh.com), with much more to come.
We are based in downtown Toronto and operate like a start-up with extensive resources. We are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, collaborate, and fun team working to transform the way Canadians shop.
To achieve this goal, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to solve challenging problems and make a significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
We are an agile shop, constantly tinkering with our process to make all our lives better. That process includes JIRA Agile for end-to-end agile project management and defects, Bamboo for CI, Git (Stash) for source control, Selenium for automated testing, JRebel and 15" Retina MacBookPro's for all our developers.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the portfolio of applications we utilize, along with their respective strengths and weaknesses, to provide solutions to existing and future challenges.
- Assist in the design of software components to enhance our portfolio.
- Develop complex software using Java and the Spring Framework.
- Through your knowledge of industry trends and tools, together with your own experiences, work with the team to improve our software, our environment, and our process.
- Provide guidance and direction to the development teams to tear down obstacles and keep initiatives on target and moving forward.
- Translate project goals and product roadmaps into organized technical tasks.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Provide technical guidance and support in resolving critical issues.
- Offer your input and expertise to technical and non-technical audiences.
Here are just some of the things Loblaw colleagues enjoy:
- You are a seasoned developer with solid object-oriented programming skills.
- You are opinionated about what it takes to produce great software, but remain receptive to other's ideas.
- You care about ownership. You proactively seek out bugs and fix them. Occasionally, when bugs find you, you don't sweep them under the rug.
- You are experienced with software estimation, often confronted with complexity and uncertainty.
- You make decisions based on data. You are versed with tools to measure every aspect of the application.
- You have developed large applications in a team environment.
- You are not afraid of changes. Armed with excellent refactoring techniques, you work effectively with legacy code.
- You are a good communicator. You are able to present complicated solutions to non-technical audience in a simple and logical way.
- 10% Colleague Discount Program on eligible products sold at Loblaw stores.
- Ongoing career development through in-house training programs, tuition assistance and support for professional designations.
- Sharing in the growth of Loblaw with our Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Corporate rate fitness club memberships for colleagues as well as eligible family members.
- Helping you help others with our Volunteer Grant Program.
How You'll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.