3225 - 12th Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta, T2E 7S9
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Project Manager, Construction
Reports to: Director, Construction (Western Canada)
Reporting to the Director, Construction (Western Canada), the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing each project from the implementation of new store, relocation, expansion, renovation and other projects from conception of significant scale and complexity for the LCE/LRE portfolio. Colleagues holding this position are expected to be able to deliver their projects on time, on budget, and in a manner consistent with established corporate standards. Skilled problem solvers, persons holding this position are expected to work independently, exercise good judgement and be capable of working in a deadline driven & collaborative environment.
- Inspect and analyze existing site, building and store conditions and present observations and recommendations.
- Drawing on past experience, industry knowledge, and observed site conditions, develop and document accurate project budgets.
- Tender for, analyze, and recommend consultant quotations.
- Co-ordinate consultant efforts in the preparation of designs and work drawings.
- Review and tender working drawing documents for pricing by general contractors.
- Oversee applications for building permits, signage permits, and other municipal approvals, attending adjustment and other municipal meetings as required.
- Pre-qualify and select general contractors.
- Oversee tendering process.
- Review, analyze, and recommend bids by general contractors.
- Process change orders
- Oversee all phases of construction, renovations to ensure all projects are completed on time (in a timely) and economical manner, in accordance with corporate policies, standards, specifications, legal requirements, lease requirements, governing codes, approved budgets and time schedules.
- Monitor project costs, approve invoices for payment, escalate cost variances and potential solutions to supervisor as required.
- Conduct site meetings with General Contractor & professionals
- Prepare & submit project cost reports
- At completion of each project, closeout general contract, ensure receipt and final payment for all fixed assets, assemble record, and as-built documentation.
- Ensure cost effectiveness is implemented in all aspects of our business.
- Continually challenge all costs in our business and strive to find ways of being more cost effective
- Post-secondary education in Construction/ Project Management field Bachelor of Engineering preferred
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Highly motivated with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Ability to plan and work independently
- 5-7 years’ experience within a related field, ideally with a retail focus.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.