1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Senior Director, Loblaw/Control Brands, the incumbent develops and implements plans for control label product categories by knowing the market and economic outlook to increase market penetration and drive sales growth, deliver innovation through differentiated and unique product offerings, and contribute to the success of control label opportunities.
- Increase Control Brand (CB) penetration driving incremental profitability for the total category and increase CB sales by driving innovation and creating brand loyalty
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders including Category Management, Supply Chain, Control Brand Sourcing teams, Offshore Sourcing teams, and Marketing to ensure effective collaboration and execution of CB strategies and plans
- Acquire knowledge and insights of corporate strategy, consumer insights and economic outlook to develop the CB strategy for new and existing products
- Develop strategic rationale and business cases for new product development including financial feasibility, supplier selection, product and packaging features, sales projections, pricing recommendations, marketing, merchandising and promotions
- Develop strategy for existing product categories including merchandising, packaging, pricing, promotions and marketing to ensure continued growth and maximize sales potential
- Utilize financial and management information systems to compile, analyze and monitor sales results and recommend corrective actions / identify opportunities
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with manufacturers to ensure proper execution of product launches and optimum service levels are being met
- Responsible for end to end project management (ie. owner of team collaboration to ensure strategies are met and projects are delivered on time and meet stated objectives)
- Arrange and participate in department meetings to develop strategies, troubleshoot and actively pursue innovative items, ingredients and packaging ideas
- Minimum 5-7 years’ of product management/merchandising or equivalent experience
- University degree required in Management, Marketing or Related field
- Project Management Certification and/or MBA an asset
- Strong leadership and managerial skills including project management
- Strong presentation and analytical skills with the ability to provide recommendations and build plans from key analytics
- Advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects
- Advanced understanding of marketing and merchandising practices and procedures
- Ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with cross functional teams
- Specialized interpersonal and decision making skills with the ability to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to produce effective reports, documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Preference is for candidates to possess knowledge of South Asian or East Asian culture
- Candidates should have a genuine passion for food
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.