1105 Fountain Street North, Cambridge, Ontario, N3E1A2
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate, monitor and verify operations performance and corresponding reports and address issues in a proactive manner (i.e. performance management)
- Monitor staffing requirements and infrastructure to meet the needs of the business, while working with support (HR) to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained
- Manage performance of team to meet goals and objectives through daily/weekly communication upwards and downwards, providing updates as required and appropriate. Lead huddles with appropriate groups groups ensuring they occur on agreed upon intervals
- Participate in hiring process for direct reports, ensure training process is followed appropriately, and following up on new hire performance; conduct performance management and coaching for staff as required. Provide regular feedback to direct reports. When necessary, participate in investigation and administration of discipline for poor performance or misbehaviour
- Ensure all staff have completed all required training; schedule staff accordingly in available training session
- Meet with General Manager to review team's performance, discuss issues, seek direction on performance of team and/or individuals
- Lead day to day communication within the department. Participate in Union/Management relationship, including initial grievance process. Take an active role in internal community events, and external events as a representative of the company
- Execute on statutory vacation scheduling and planning, ensure proper coverage and plans are in place for peaks in volume and loads
- Work with warehouse operations to ensure coordination between departments while confirming transportation schedules are met
- Communicate with retail customers on urgent issues as required, including ensuring Store Portal is updated
- Conduct regular store visits, building relationships with retail customers; act as a primary contract for issues brought forward from colleagues or reports; participate in resolving store issues or complaints
- Manage and communicate forecast load counts
- Ensure equipment and resource requirements are set up according to delivery scheduling, and troubleshoot any gaps in coverage
- Monitor weather and road conditions related to delivery schedules and service needs, and react accordingly to provide proper communication and resolution to delivery issues
- Accountable for Driver Scorecard Isotrak reporting, ensuring staff are populating systems so that drivers are logged in and out
- Primary contact for customer/retail issue resolution by phone, email or store visits, as required
- Understand budgeted expenses for area of control and influence, staying current on expense performance year to date and period to date; report any overruns or savings upline
- Provide manager with information required for period P&L reviews
- Understand labour plans (fleet) and/or carrier coverage plans weekly, work with dispatch (or third party dispatch) to ensure proper coverage without overruns on labour or cartage
- Report on common carrier metrics and performance, and provide data to support to Manager
- Use transport systems to review output, resolve technical issues, run and review reports
- Follow up on compliance related activities, including regular activities/tasks, audit preparation and follow up in a timely manner (Food Safety, Health and Safety, Environmental audits)
- Ensure that compliance items and reporting are completed by self or direct reports
- Attend accident or break down scenes where significant property loss or injury has occurred, ensuring colleagues and/or property loss or injury has occurred, ensuring colleagues and/or property are secured
- Conduct accident investigation and reporting for drivers and direct reports
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.