1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Merchandising team will use a data-driven approach to determine category strategy and own the category’s financial performance. With a relentless focus on the customer, the Merchandising team will spend the vast majority of their time on developing customer-centric strategies and improving the in-store experience.
The Merchant role participates in planning assortments and developing promotional strategies, as well as conducting analysis to inform the development of category strategy. The Merchant role also works collaboratively with internal stakeholders the Procurement team, as well as other support functions, on inventory related activities.
The Merchant will also support with developing collaborative team plans (i.e. promotional, vendor etc) to achieve category financial objectives. They will liaise and collaboratively plan with External vendors and internal product developers to create support plans to achieve the overall category strategy and playbooks.
Assortment & Planogram Management
- Own the development of assortment plans, including determining the product types and SKU (Stock Keeping Units) required to be successful in the category based on analysis, and managing digital/e-commerce assortment as required
- Accountable for interacting with individual stores (i.e. sending out communications) to stores to resolve issues related to assortment and store notifications as required
- Support the Category Lead by leveraging the Assortment Planning Template (APT) tool to optimize in-store merchandising initiatives to inform planogram creation
- Develop store merchandising plans to meet the needs of our customers and execute the category strategy
Pricing & Promotions Management
- Responsible for supporting the Category Lead, Merchandising with the execution of pricing and promotional strategy through analysis and research as required
- Accountable for executing planned promotions, responding to photo requests, completing promotional pricing forms, and forecasting estimated sales from promotional campaigns
- Support the Category Lead, Merchandising in the development of the promotional calendar and promotional plan for the category across all vendors and channels
- Own triaging and resolution related to promotions, including corresponding with vendors, resolving promo integrity issues, and proofing flyers in collaboration with Promo Team
- Constructing mitigation plans to aid the category in overcoming any unforeseen financial impacts to deliver overall business results
Vendor & Inventory Management
- Support the Category Lead, Merchandising on an ad-hoc basis pertaining to the vendor RFP process, through program design and development
- Support the Category Lead and work with Procurement in creating distros (stock orders), cleaning out overstock, and applying markdowns or promotions
- Work with the Procurement team and other functions (e.g., Buying Customer Support (BCS) team, Supply Chain, Store Communications) to resolve inventory issues related to over-ordering, short shipments, distros, markdowns, and promotions
- Negotiate variable Over & Above (O&A) with the vendors
Category & Merchandising Programs
- Own the AIC (Assortment Integrity Check) and troubleshoot issues
- Provide input into in-store colleague program training based on category strategy
- Accountable for the development of recipe cards (applicable to select categories only)
- Perform analysis and make recommendations to the Merchandising Lead
What You'll Need:
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3 years merchandising experience
- Proven ability to contribute to category plans in-line with corporate strategies
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to price, cost, assort items, create articles and upload templates in SAP
- Proven analytical experience
- Proficient with MS Office (specifically Excel)
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.