489 King St. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1K4
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Manager, Media Strategy is a digital media subject matter expert for Loblaw Media. They will lead the media execution teams, internal or external, tasked with planning, executing and managing paid media campaigns for Loblaw Media; a newly created business unit at Loblaw Companies Limited.
What You'll Do:
- Meet with Sr. Manager Client Services, Clients and marketing stakeholders for marketing briefings
- Plan digital media campaigns aligned with client marketing objectives
- Manage team or partners for media execution, and oversee the buildout of digital media campaigns in platforms including Google Marketing Platform and Facebook Ads Manager
- Collaboration with media execution colleagues or partners to plan and execution cross channel tests and optimizations
- Daily touchpoints with media team to address issues and allocate resources
- Team escalation point for any other digital media or audience flow related issues
- Performance reviews and weekly 1on1s with media execution teams
- Work with Loblaw Media teams and partners to develop and evolve process around digital media including people, team responsibilities, accountability and technology required to service clients
- Work with Sr. Mgr Client Services and internal and external stakeholders to execute on digital media strategy and process for Loblaw Media
- Regular touchpoints with key platform and technology partners including Facebook, Google and other publisher/agency partners to ensure that LCL is maximizing value from these partnerships
- Regular evaluation of technology, data and new capabilities available within digital media ecosystem to ensure LCL is leveraging best in class tools and targeting for media buying
- Ad hoc consulting on programmatic or digital media strategy and related issues for other divisions within enterprise or our clients
What You'll Need:
- Expert level knowledge of Demand Side platforms including Google Marketing Platform
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively turn reporting and analysis into actionable insights and execution plans
- Planning/strategy experience for brand or agency, building holistic media plans across all E-Commerce lines of business
- Ability to develop and present a POV and implications based on data, and present findings across the organization
- Collaborative and positive attitude with passion for questioning assumptions and answering questions with data in order to unlock value for the enterprise
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- High proficiency in Excel and reporting automation / Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Domo or equivalent)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Strong executive level communications skills. Ability to present findings to senior management and display a comfort level responding to any and all questions
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.