40 Hanna Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 0C3
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
What You'll Do:
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Java Development on the hybris e-commerce platform
- Construct design documents and documentation to aid in maintenance and code reuse.
- Confirms program operation with testing; modifying program logic and performance tuning while guaranteeing quality assurance.
- Closely work with the Quality Control and Technical Communication team members to ensure high quality deliverables
- Provides input to status reports on the health of the application.
- Provides support by ensuring stability of the application and addressing and resolving business issues in a timely manner.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 1+ years experience in object oriented design and development in Java.
- Some experience developing with the Spring Framework would be preferred.
- Some experience with an e-commerce platform (hybris, ATG, Websphere etc.) would be preferred.
- Some experience with functional programming would be a strong asset
- Advanced skills using J2EE Frameworks and Libraries specifically such as Hibernate, JPA and JDO
- Database development skills including SQL programming, solid understanding of relational database technologies, logical and physical data modeling.
- Experience with web app servers, such as JBoss, Websphere, and Weblogic
- Experience using standard development tools, such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, Git, JIRA
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Strong understanding of XML and JSON and how to manipulate using document based and stream based API’s.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.