1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
What You'll Do:
- Meet the business and financial objectives for the organization.
- Creation, development and verification of weekly financial billings and repayments.
- Creation of monthly accruals.
- Review of vendor allowances and pricing for purposes of reconciling vendor accounts.
- Preparation of variances with explanations and presenting findings to Managers and Directors.
- Root cause analysis and development of process improvement to ensure accuracy and to eliminate repetitive tasks going forward.
- Data management and extraction from various financial systems and processing of data.
- Day to day preparation and processing of information within a tight timeline.
- Manage inquiries from both internal and external sources.
- Analyze and maintain accurate information in a complex business environment to help ensure reliable financial reporting for decision making.
- Communicating and working closely with various teams such as Finance, Category Management, Merchandising and Operations.
- Variance analysis and audit reviews.
- Audit claim preparation for Category Management and vendor review and approval.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Special projects as required.
What You'll Need:
- 1-3 years previous work experience within Finance, inventory experience would be an asset
- Professional accounting designation or currently enrolled in advanced stages of professional designation program (an asset but not required)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills through previous experience in financial analysis
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize numerous tasks with conflicting deadlines
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from financial information
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft office applications - Excel, MS access (pivot tables, macros, data modeling, joining tables, cross tab tables)
- Supply Chain, Distribution or Inventory specific knowledge an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Results Oriented – able to prioritize and consistently deliver on-time and accurate results
- Strong work ethic and a team player
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.