1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent, the Director, Talent Strategy works as a center of expertise, collaborating and delivering programs and tools to key business partners and stakeholders. The Director is accountable for all key strategies across the enterprise, to ensure that the organization has the ability and capacity to source, attract and secure the best talent to deliver on the organizations strategy and culture. The Director will support overall business alignment of strategic initiatives with a clear targeted, well developed communicated strategy aligned to desired strategic outcomes.
*This is a contract opportunity*
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and lead the Talent Strategy CoE rolling 3 years strategic roadmap supporting and enabling the various divisions and enterprise to attract, find and secure the best talent for the organization and its key strategic focus areas.
- Enable COE expertise through responsibility for insights and anticipation of trends in process, policies, metrics, technology and structure. Create and leverage innovative networks and outreach initiatives to identify talent and talent needs
- Responsible for assessing and implementing improvements that enable a highly positive candidate, client, and hiring manager experience
- Provide thought leadership and collaborative partnership with Senior Human Resources Partners/Talent Business Partners to understand the current and future business demands, leveraging end-to-end processes and systems that weave together our talent attraction strategy including, attraction, recruitment, retention, social media and developmental programs, as well as workforce planning activities.
- Develop tools and processes to allow for agile initiatives for attracting and selecting talent, influence mindsets, and align strategic and planning elements across the enterprise
- Support executive hiring both internal and external with the support of the business and HR inclusive of assessment
- Ensure Loblaw has the right partnerships, vendors and suppliers to deliver on our Talent Acquisition agenda at the enterprise, divisional and functional level. Determining our use of and relationship with external suppliers and partners to deliver on the People Strategy and Technology Roadmap, plan projects and services for key strategic initiatives
- Evaluating the ongoing “health” of existing Talent policies, practices, programs and processes, ensuring that they reflect best practice, and are in line with Loblaw business and people strategies
- Share best practices and learning with peers across HR and divisions
- Establish a community of practice for the talent acquisition recruiters across the enterprise to ensure the enterprise keeps pace with COE best practices.
- Exemplify our culture principles and values in all your interactions and work with team, peers, and key stakeholders
- Ensure our blue culture and values are incorporated into our Talent Strategy and programs as you lead and promote teamwork and collaboration within the Talent Strategy CoE, Talent, HR and the broader enterprise
- Ensure our Diversity and Inclusion Agenda is reflected and executed in enterprise, divisional and functional strategy and plans
- Lead and develop a team of 3-5 direct reports to foster a results-driven, high performance team and organization, through role clarity, compensation management, coaching, training and development.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources with a focus on delivery strategic talent initiatives.
- University degree or equivalent business experience
- Proven track record in establishing best in class talent acquisition teams and employer brands
- Demonstrated competence to deliver in fast paced, complex and multi industry organizations
- Retail or equivalent industry experience is an asset
- An advanced level of innovation, initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects.
- Ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Strong influencing presence and gravitas at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrate solid problem-solving skills
- A passion for empowerment and building a strong culture of support, accountability and authenticity
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively verbally or through written documents.
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations.
- Significant Talent acquisition acumen as well as knowledge of HR related principles and best working practices and procedures, employment standards legislation and other relevant regulatory requirements
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.