22 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2S7
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The George Weston Limited (GWL) Risk Advisory group provides risk, assurance and consulting services for GWL, Weston Foods, and Choice Properties REIT. Our mandate is to deliver value to our businesses that progresses management’s strategic and tactical agenda, while ensuring that business risk is appropriately mitigated.
The company is looking for a dedicated and experienced ERM Director to facilitate the risk management program across multiple business units within the group. Reporting to Vice President, Chief Risk Officer, the Director is accountable for managing ERM activities and executing on the ERM framework. The Director will also be managing the ERM improvement roadmap to achieve world-class status based a plan approved by management and the Audit committee.
We are looking for exceptional, driven and passionate players with an entrepreneurial mindset, positive energy, and strong desire to succeed. More specifically, we are looking for the following characteristics:
- A high level of motivation, entrepreneurial mindset, and resourcefulness, with a desire to think outside of the box and thrive on new challenges
- Strong business acumen, including an ability connect the dots between the business strategy, tactics, risks, and control environment
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated creative and innovative thinking
- Very strong work ethic and drive to make an impact through solving problems and delivering practical solutions aligned with stakeholder needs
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven report writing and presentation skills, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Confidence to speak up and provide your ideas, insights and opinions and participate as an active member of the project team
- Experienced team leader, with a passion for developing others through hands-on coaching and providing real-time feedback to ensure the team is set up for success
- Superior communication and listening skills to ensure commitments from all team members are well defined and are delivered on time with high quality
What to Expect from this Role
- Act as the main point of contact for enterprise risk within the group of companies through overseeing the planning and execution of the ERM cycle, including risk framework updates, risk assessments, risk monitoring and reporting to key stakeholders
- Liaise effectively with internal providers of risk and assurance services to align activities, eliminate redundancies, ensure appropriate coverage (e.g. Internal Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Financial Compliance, etc.)
- Collaborate with Internal Audit Services to evaluate enterprise risk and compliance activities, and ensure that design and effectiveness testing results from audit are incorporated into risk information
- Work with Internal Audit in conducting project/audit specific risk assessments
- Proactively develop and own relationships of our key stakeholders in the business, to ensure their needs are being met, and we are adding value in the right areas
- Demonstrate highly developed and effective communication skills, particularly in the areas of group facilitation and presentation
- Champion client specific initiatives to enhance the quality and value of our service delivery including benchmarking, internal / external research, industry events, thought leadership, relationship building, training & competency development
- Create and present client focused deliverables tailored to the needs of the audience, including highly visual creative content
- Conduct modelling and stress testing for risk scenarios
Qualifications You Need to Have
- Undergraduate degree in business or other related discipline
- Minimum 9 years of relevant ERM or risk consulting experience, 3 of which are in a management role, with foundational understanding of risk management theory and practice, and of strategic, operational, financial, compliance, and information system risks and controls
- Relevant certification in risk management or related field is an asset
- Strong knowledge with governance and controls frameworks such as ISO and COSO
- Experience in a food manufacturing, shared services, retail, or real-estate environment is a plus
- Eligible to work in Canada and willing to travel
- Must be committed to work the hours required to complete projects on time and in line with quality expectations
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.