Director, Data Management
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5
President’s Choice Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL) and was established to promote President’s Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. PCF has grown to over 3 million customers earning millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- Mastercard : The President’s Choice Financial Mastercard is offered and operated by President’s Choice Bank.
- Insurance : Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through affiliates and relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Services , which includes PC Financial Insurance, The Mobile Shop, Prepaid Cell Phones Express and gift card businesses, is a new business in growth mode.
- PC Optimum : All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Optimum Points that can be earned and redeemed in all LCL stores.
Loblaws Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL). LCL is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, with a network of corporate and independently- operated stores in communities across the country, employing close to 200,000 Canadians. PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops products and service programs to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF’s vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers.
The group’s mandate is to p rovide data services such that PCF can capitalize on diverse sources of data to improve our understanding of customer behaviours to optimize profitability. To that end the objective of this role is to provide accurate, easy-to-use and timely data-based solutions. Specifically, the Director will be responsible for:
- Ensure data team is meeting SLAs for turnaround time and quality
- Manage the development priorities of the data specialists and ensure projects are completed on time
- Identify opportunities to improve and enhance PCF’s information infrastructure (tool, data sources, datamarts)
- Plan and implement PCF&S’ data centric projects (e.g. CRM Rules Engine)
- Communicate regularly with peers and senior management to further the push for distributed analytics in the company
- Ensure policy, processes controls and reporting for Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (in my department) are adhered to and are executed in compliance with PC Bank policies and all applicable governing legislation. Specifically, either through the direct management of the tasks or via supervision of others who have the primary responsibility to perform the actual tasks, the incumbent’s related responsibilities include
- Ensure that there are the necessary controls on all AML/Compliance Reports
- Participation in evaluating business and new product proposals, action plans and other documentation to ensure that the foregoing are compliant with the regulations and legislative requirements of the program;
- All other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Thorough working knowledge of relational databases and advanced SQL data extraction and manipulation techniques
- Experience with SAS would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires intensive interaction with internal clients
- Computer Science/Information Management Degree/Post Grad
- 5-10 years’ experience managing a team in a high volume/high paced data environment
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate, computer science or engineering preferred
- Graduate Degree preferred
- 5+ years of database technology experience, across multiple platforms (e.g., Windows, UNIX, mainframe) and technologies (Oracle, SQL, IMS, DB2 etc.)
- Have deep experience in SQL queries, data modelling and data flow knowledge
- Strong knowledge of application testing phases and practices to align test data strategy to testing phases and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of Waterfall and Agile/Scrum procedures, processes, and practices
- Experience interfacing with middle and senior level management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making and leadership abilities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.