1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
As the Director, Customer Center of Excellence (COE), you will be a part of the our newly created Customer COE which is a key strategic area, focused on creating a holistic view of our customers and a customer centric culture for the organization.
Reporting into the VP, Customer COE, and leading a team of 2, you will be instrumental in changing the way we approach decision making at Loblaw Companies Limited in ensuring customer’s needs are top of mind within all areas of business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead strategic consumer insights projects to understand our customer holistically and generate new business ideas
- Work with stakeholders across the business to determine gaps in our current consumer knowledge and develop strategies to close gaps
- Lead creation of a roadmap for strategic consumer insights needs
- Develop a detailed and strategic view of our consumers leveraging consumer insights – using internal resources and 3rd parties
- Leverage insights to generate new business ideas / strategies and sell these ideas to the relevant business units
- Act as the champion for our customers internally by advocating the customer perspective throughout the organization and building strong internal relationships
- Develop a high level of knowledge of our business to be able to provide relevant business context around insights and our cultural change
- Lead internal effort and create a detailed plan (in partnership with HR) to embed customer centricity into our cultural journey – and create empathy for customers at all levels of the organization
- Provide leadership to your team of two through ongoing coaching, mentorship and development
What You'll Need:
- Completed Post-Secondary degree
- 5-10 years’ of relevant experience in Consumer Insights, Strategy, Consulting, Marketing or Design Thinking
- 5-10 years’ of leadership experience with the ability to influence without authority
- Strategic thinker with the ability to lead change management initiatives
- Ability to turn observations about customers into actionable insights for the business
- Passion for customers, customer-led innovation and creating a customer centric culture
- Knowledge of customer research tools and methodologies, with a focus on ethnography
- Works well with peers in cross-functional teams across the enterprise.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.