Director of Marketing Operations
The Director of Marketing Operations oversees the core marketing functions at LP and directs programs, processes and workflow across the Marketing Team. The Director will serve as the hub between team members, firm and practice group leaders to execute and communicate overall direction and project manage strategic initiatives. This person is responsible for building and scaling our Marketing Team workforce, while managing priorities, resources and metrics.
The Director will report to the Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer (CMO) and work in close collaboration with firm leadership and attorneys, as well as members of the Marketing Team.
- Administration of the core marketing functions to direct programs, processes, and workflows among team members, firm and practice leadership
- Project manage and streamline work on strategic priorities and initiatives within the Marketing Team, tying strategic marketing projects to practice and individual business development plans
- In charge of team management, identifying areas of improvement within a team structure and professional development opportunities
- Manage tracking and reporting of all marketing budgets, projects and investments
- Work closely with the partners to develop regional marketing/brand positioning goals year over year with corresponding budgeting; Connect marketing tactics to sales strategies
- Visit and oversee support levels as needed in coordination with CMO and other department colleagues
- Serve as department liaison as appropriate with other administrative functions of the firm both proactively and for strategic projects related to marketing
- Direct internal communication and promotion of marketing department services and procedures
- Works with the Talent Team in connection with the integration of lateral partners. Represents the department at new employee orientation.
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience building a team and implementing best-practice methodologies, and 10+ years of overall professional experience
- Experience leading marketing initiatives for professional services firms a plus
- Exceptional ability to project manage with attention to detail while being able to see the big picture vision of the department and firm goals
- Ability to lead, coach and inspire a team at varying skill levels with a dedication to a positive team culture
- Experience in Marketing team organizational design and structure
- Ability to work autonomously while providing support and ongoing reporting to the CMO