Software Engineer in Test
New York, NY
MoneyLion is looking for a quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a quality specialist at MoneyLion, you'll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our releases within one of our exciting product verticals. You'll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our users. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact. This isn't just about "Quality Assurance"; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts as a whole.
- Be a close partner with engineering and product managers to create structured, clean, and cohesive test cases for all new features and/or functional changes in the software, organized into repeatable test suites.
- Design, implement, and execute test plans and cases in accordance with best practices and techniques, gather results/metrics, record raw data and prepare test results for various test methods including black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security and automation
- Use container technologies like Docker & AWS to create test environments
- Integrate quality checks into CI/CD processes
- Develop alerting and monitoring tools to provide insight to developers regarding failures or regressions
- Be a mentor to other members of what it means to build quality into software
- Develop a strong empathy for MoneyLion customers and their needs.
- Multi-threaded software development, including management of threads, thread pooling, deadlock avoidance, executors, and other fundamental concurrency concepts.
- Building automated test suites for consumer facing products.
- Selenium, WebDriver, Cypress, Protractor/Cucumber, or related technologies
- Both manual UI testing and automating user interfaces for client-server applications
- Developing test infrastructure and frameworks to automate testing of UIs, RESTful services, and libraries
- Testing data consistency in data-intensive applications
- Taking initiative in being self-directed in a fast-paced environment that gives you autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Seeing beyond immediate specs, summarizing requirements, and architecting forward-looking solutions
- Working in a cross-functional environment alongside your teammates
- Mentoring other team members and expressing what you know, especially during code reviews, leading them to a unified vision
- The payments Industry and with Micro-services architecture
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free snacks and great coffee
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more "other" than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.