Who we are
We are an IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) located in Schaumburg, IL providing IT support for small and mid-sized businesses. We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator with a strong background administering Microsoft Server environments and LAN /WAN Networks.
90% of our environments are Windows-based with some other's in the mix. You will mostly work with Windows Server 2008/2012 / 2016, Active Directory, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VPNs, troubleshoot PC hardware and software issues and work directly with users.
We are looking for someone that has a couple years of experience and wants to continue growing their career in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
* Provide advanced technical support and assistance to a specific customer base, subscribing to a wide range of products and services.
*Proactively detect anomalies and performance issues, and bring to resolution to the full satisfaction of our customers.
*Utilize network performance monitoring tools to identify and analyze impairments that may affect services sold.
* Perform end-to-end trouble isolation and repair on physical and logical layer services by our customers and devise action plans on more complex issues, as well as oversee the execution of these plans.
*Utilize test tools and equipment to isolate the cause of impairments on the Company, LEC or other provider networks.
* Interact with Customer Service Centers, Network Management Centers, Company's Operations Groups, LECs, Account Teams and Customers to facilitate isolation and repair of faults in the data and VoIP network within established baseline objectives.
* Keep customers and management updated on efforts aimed at restoration of their services.
* Maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts.
*Serve in leadership function for the first level NOC, providing guidance and assistance to other engineers, directing work flow as well as address more complex technical issues
- Administer VoIP Systems and Asterisk-based PBX's
Qualifications and Skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year