We are seeking a Database Administrator for full time office work in the Kawartha Lakes area.
In this role, the successful Database Administrator will be responsible for designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, and performance tuning production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
The Database Administrator will also develop, implement, and oversee database policies and procedures, ensuring integrity and availability of databases and software.
Database Administrator Duties:
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases
- Develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans
- Research and recommend database products, services, protocols, and standards
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones
- Install and configure SQL and relevant required components
- Develop and monitor maintenance plans and respond to and resolve database access and performance issues
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
- Perform database transaction and security audits
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels and develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use
- This list is not exhaustive - other duties as assigned
Database Administrator Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or a related field and Certification in Database Management and Administration
- Minimum 5 years of related progressive experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including Microsoft SQL, Access, MySQL
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, practices and troubleshooting
- Experience with data processing flow-charting techniques
- Project management experience and ability to execute organizational goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Available to work 35 hours per week of varied hours, including: afternoons, evenings and Saturdays as needed
- Own vehicle strongly preferred as local travel may be required
Please submit your "Database Administrator" resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to your online application.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Microsoft Sql Server: 5 years (Required)
- Mysql: 5 years (Required)
- Database Administration: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Access: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)