The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and tax compliance.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
The following attributes are desirable for job success: exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self-motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team. The ability to work closely with a property management team. Preferred AppFolio experience.
- Administer and maintain all corporate financial records including books of original entry, supporting schedules and subsidiary ledgers.
- Establish and maintain all corporate policies relating to accounting matters.
- Collect and analyze corporate financial data to provide management with internal reports.
- Provide for an annual budgeting and planning process to insure long term financial and business strategy.
- Prepare and maintain accurate accounting (books and records) of properties managed by Concord.
- Support all levels of the corporation in budget preparation through training and providing relevant information when appropriate.
- Provide reports & procedures and monitor cash management.
- Provide special reporting and analysis of financial information to management.
- Establish procedures for reviewing and approving budgeted expenditure justifications and approvals.
- Develop and maintain an effective department through selection & training.
- Provide guidance and direction to accounting employees to assist them in their professional development, when applicable.
- Administer the activities of the general accounting, credit, collections, and business planning departments, when applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Minimum 3 years Appfolio experience
- Minimum 3 years Property Management Experience
- Multi-entity accounting and/or investment management industry a definite plus.
- Is self-motivated, with a solid work ethic.
- Detailed oriented. Strong skills in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Has good verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to multitask, perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Superior time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)