Levantina is a worldwide leader in the natural stone industry. As owner of the largest reserve of marble in the world and dominating the industry with the latest technologies in extraction, manufacturing and natural stone selection, Levantina is able to offer an extensive range of quality products including marble, granite, limestone, onyx, travertine and slate.
Levantina has a global presence with 63 quarries, 9 factories, 35 stone distribution centers and over 1,700 employees worldwide. Levantina USA has three warehouse distribution centers located in Dallas, Chicago and Atlanta.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Purpose: Maintains inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items; securing warehouse; supervising staff.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Secures warehouse by turning alarms on; testing systems.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Supervision, Safety Management, Data Entry Management, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Equipment Maintenance, Organization
Position is located in Chicago. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and more