Design Internship at Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants ... Join Our Corporate Team!
Are you a recent Design graduate who's eager to get professional career experience Lettuce Entertain You's Architecture & Design team is looking for a talented DESIGN INTERN to join the team! This intern experience is an exceptional opportunity to work with a professional team and build on your current knowledge of design. You'll be assisting in research; picking up and dropping off materials; maintaining and developing our design library; and assisting the team on various projects.
If you're a recent or soon-to-be design grad, this could be your next step in your professional development. Please apply today! EOE. E-Verify.
Not ready to apply Join Our Talent Network:
- Design experience or art/design-related Bachelor's degree
- Skilled in use of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Ability to pick up / drop off furniture, fabrics, fixtures and finishes
- Ability to stay organized while juggling multiple projects and tasks
- Experience preparing presentation materials (material boards and digitally)
Text Lettucejobs to 51893 or Click Here!
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Participate in E-Verify.
Supports to the Architecture and Design Team through various tasks including but not limited to researching, organizing, selecting, presenting and transporting interior design elements.
- Research and analyze project-specific interior design elements
- Pick up and drop off furniture, fabrics, fixtures, and finishes between Chicago area showrooms and LEYE locations in variable traffic conditions using personal vehicle (must provide proof of drivers license and personal vehicle insurance)
- Prepare and submit purchase orders to vendors and track orders utilizing spreadsheets, and communicate with furniture and lighting vendors / purchasing agents as needed
- Organize, continuously update and assist in developing the interior design library of physical and/or digital samples
- Proficiently use and operate all necessary tools, equipment and software, including but not limited to AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Maintain availability to work a variety of days and shifts including weekends as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable light, noise and temperature levels
- Ability to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist designers in preparing presentations with material boards (physical and digital) including but not limited to drawings and renderings
- Utilize computer aided design (CAD) software to set interior design drawing standards and prepare electronic drawings, schematic designs and interior systems
- Assist with organizing, selecting and presenting interior design, finishes and lighting for new and remodeled Lettuce restaurant concepts as well as assisting in new store identity
- Prepare and maintain interior design plan documents including but not limited to finish schedules, specifications, product/room matrices, templates, schedules, and shop drawings
- Cultivate and maintain a strong knowledge base of color design and technology, and design trends in art, architecture, fashion, interior design and restaurant design
- Respond to general departmental calls and emails
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and office equipment
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed