Mike Mountain Horse Elementary School
FTE: 1.0 - TEMPORARY - This position has an expected start date of October 7, 2019 and end of June 26, 2020
Welcome to Mike Mountain Horse Elementary School. Our school serves approximately 685 children from Early Education to Grade 5. We just celebrated our thirtieth year in our building which was named after Mike Mountain Horse, a former chief of the Blood Tribe. For more information about Mike Mountain Horse, please visit the school's website at http://mmh.lethsd.ab.ca/.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a temporary Grade Three Teacher to teach all core subjects plus PE, Health and Art that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Unwavering belief that every child is a capable learner and that success occurs through quality instruction and a supportive learning environment.
- Strong understanding of comprehensive literacy and writer's workshop model of instruction.
- Understanding of inquiry and project based learning pedagogy.
- Strong commitment to professional learning and collaboration.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!