Galbraith Elementary School
FTE: 1.0 - TEMPORARY - August 26, 2019 - December 13, 2019
Developing leaders today, tomorrow and always
We empower students with the knowledge, skills and attributes of the 7 Habits to succeed as caring, responsible and effective global citizens. For more information about Galbraith, please visit the school's website at http://gal.lethsd.ab.ca/.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a temporary Grade One Teacher that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Strong instructional knowledge and foundations in both literacy and numeracy, and an understanding of the response to intervention and instruction based on best practices.
- Knowledge of pedagogy related to concept-based instruction and planning, and an understanding of the importance of play- based instruction and learning.
- Have a deep and solid understanding of student inclusion and foster a community where all students belong
- Qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in collaborative professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the Teacher Quality Standards.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!