Senator Buchanan Elementary School
Senator Buchanan Elementary School employs a Multiage Philosophy at grades 1/2, 3/4 and 4/5. Multiage classrooms reflect the understanding that although intellectual, social and emotional development happens in predictable patterns, it does so on a timetable which is unique to each child. In this setting, students have the opportunity to discover, practice and revisit concepts both as novices during their first year in a classroom and as mentors when in their second. Younger students are motivated to take academic risks as they observe their older classmates and comprehend what comes next. Older students develop confidence and extend learning and understanding as they are challenged to support their younger peers by sharing their knowledge in clear and concise ways. For more information on Senator Buchanan, please visit the school's website at http://sb.lethsd.ab.ca/
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Grade One/Two Multi-Age Teacher that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Experience with and support of the inclusive education model as well as a proven ability to ensure success for students with diverse academic, behavioral, emotional, and/or cultural needs within the classroom setting;
- Successful experience with the multi-graded classroom philosophy;
- Successful experience in Leveled Literacy Intervention and Lucy Culkin's writing systems
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!