Lethbridge Christian School
Lethbridge Christian School exists to provide students with a Christ-centered education in an interdenominational setting, challenging them to lifelong excellence as they grow in knowledge and love, and in obedience to Jesus Christ
Lethbridge Christian School is an alternative school within the Lethbridge Public system and meets all of the Alberta Education requirements for a public school. In addition to meeting these mandates we aim to provide a Christ centered education and challenge our students to strive for lifelong excellence in all they do. Every attempt will be made to provide students with an education that meets the highest standards and ensures that they are equipped with the necessary skills to continue moving forward in life.
For more information about Lethbridge Christian School, please visit the school's website at http://lcs.lethsd.ab.ca/About.php.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Grade Three Teacher to teach all core subjects plus PE, Health and Outdoor School that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Willingness and desire to work in and contribute to a collaborative team enviornoment and be involved in all aspects of the school community including leading chapel services would be a tremendous asset.
- Ability to make Gospel values an integral part of school life
- Strong commitment to professional learning and collaboration,
- Strong understanding of comprehensive literacy practices and willingness to incorporate writer's workshop within the literacy block
- Unwavering belief that every child is a capable learner and success occurs through quality instruction and a supportive school environment
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!