Fleetwood Bawden Elementary School
The Montessori philosophy focuses on the development of the whole child. It is based on three principles: observation, individual liberty, and the prepared environment . Dr. Montessori noticed that children had five tendencies: to move, to repeat, to refine and explore, to communicate and to engage the mathematical mind. Current educational concepts such as individualized learning, readiness programs, multi-graded age groups, team teaching, and open classrooms reflect many of her early insights. Dr. Montessori's passion for peace both internally for the child and externally in the world is a theme throughout the Montessori theory and practice. With these principles and themes, an environment where children are respected and intellectually stimulated according to their specific development and personal interests is created. For more information on Fleetwood, please visit the school's website at http://fb.lethsd.ab.ca/.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Grade One/Two Multi-Age Montessori Teacher that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Successful experience with the multi-graded classroom philosophy
- Experience with and support of the inclusive education model as well as a proven ability to ensure success for students with diverse academic, behavioral, emotional, and/or cultural needs within the classroom setting
- Knowledge and experience in delivering a comprehensive literacy program
- A passion for working with children, parents, colleagues and community agencies, with a true desire to see success for all.
- Montessori Training will be considered an asset.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!