Dr. Probe Elementary School
We are a community of learners.
We recognize that early experiences provide the foundation of learning.
We will promote the recognition, acceptance, and respect of differences.
We will contribute to the development of responsible individuals.
We will provide a secure environment which enhances and improves student learning.
Our learning programs will foster academic, social, and physical growth.
We will celebrate our students' achievements.
As a school community, we will support each other, trust each other, and care for each other while creating an atmosphere of joyful learning.
Our vision is success for all. For more information about Dr. Probe, visit the school's website athttp://gpro.lethsd.ab.ca/.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Grade Two Teacher that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Dr. Probe School is a leadership development school with foundations in Leader in Me and the 4 C's of care, concern, cooperation and courage; commitment to school projects that impact 100% of students.
- Experience with comprehensive literacy and numeracy programming. LLI is an essential component of our instruction.
- Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI2) and team planning are key to student programming and grade level team development; knowledge and practice of Universal Design for Learning is essential.
- Demonstration of concept based learning and innovative practice across the curriculum.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!