We are excited to have a temporary Early Education Program Manager opportunity available immediately.
Lethbridge School District is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, caring and enthusiastic team leader to fill the role of Program Manager in the Early Education Program supporting preschool aged children. The successful applicant will work within an inclusive classroom setting with a team of educational assistants providing programming for children with diverse abilities.
What will you work?
1.00 FTE Monday to Friday working around the school year calendar
Early Education Program Manager positions are right for you if you:
- Have proven supervisory experience of staff
- Have a strong understanding of early childhood development and translate that into effective programming
- Ability to direct assistants
- Ability to coordinate programs
- Ability to infuse speech/language and early literacy skills
- Ability to relate and interact well with young children
- Effective communication skills
- Collaborate effectively with team members, parents, community partners, principals, teachers and staff
- Values the concept of team
- Have a high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Have a willingness to participate in professional learning activities; e.g., "Learning Language and Loving It," ABC and Beyond," etc.
- Have experience in the use of technology; such as smart boards, iPads, etc.
- Have a positive, flexible attitude
- Have problem-solving skills
- Possess decision-making skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team
What will you do?
The Early Education Program Manager will work with children aged 3 & 4 to create programs that foster play-based and hands-on, experiential learning activities designed to meet individual needs. Program Managers will allow opportunities to develop independence and skills in making decisions, cooperating with others, and problem solving will be integrated into all aspects of the program. Personal, social, gross and fine motor, creative and cognitive development will be addressed through a variety of first-hand experiences.
Education Center - 1 Temporary Maternity Position contract ends July 3, 2019
The employee's assignment will be to the Lethbridge School District No. 51, and school specific assignments are subject to change to meet student and District needs.
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma is preferred although relevant degrees will also be considered.
- Child Care Worker Certification (Level 2) or higher is required.
- Proof of Education and Certification is required. Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- A valid First Aid Certificate is preferred
- Learning Language and Loving it certificate is preferred
- ABC and Beyond certificate is preferred
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name.
Salary range for this position is $36,000 - $45,300 depending on FTE, education and experience.
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!