Lethbridge College is looking for a Developer/Programmer with excellent organizational and communication skills and who thrives in an ever-changing environment. This position requires strong programming and analytical skills.
The successful candidate will be on a team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of a custom applications, interfaces, and reporting.
This position involves balancing many responsibilities including troubleshooting of delivered processes and procedures within our ERP, Ellucian Colleague. This can involve development, modification and maintenance of custom code within Colleague. Additional responsibilities include some development and maintenance of custom applications developed in house. This position also facilitates requests for ad-hoc and custom reporting. The System Analyst can additionally be tasked with the design, implementation and maintenance of integration between systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Custom code creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting in an ERP environment.
- Development and maintenance of code within a custom built applications.
- Development and support of enterprise level reporting.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of custom code.
- Data interface design, implementation and maintenance between our ERP and both custom and vendor delivered applications.
- Interface with business users providing excellent customer service and support for the product integration, quality assurance and deployment.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline(s).
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working within a variety of development environments.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret business client requirements.
- Ability to understand technical solution and high-level architecture for applications and services.
- SQL knowledge in writing ad-hoc queries and data extracts.
- Experience with enterprise level reporting tools such as Business Objects would be beneficial.
- Experience with ERP software including Ellucian Colleague would be beneficial.