Lethbridge College is seeking a motivated and experienced Frontend Developer to join our Web Services team. The ideal candidate will know good design and love to code.
The ideal candidate is organized, understands the impact of brand on design and works well in a collaborative environment. You will have access to a Senior Brand Specialist, Web Administrator and Backend Developer for support. You will be actively involved with planning, theming, and delivery of continuous improvements and various web initiatives. A willingness to learn and grow in this position is expected. Experience theming with Drupal and using a deployment workflow to push code is definitely an asset.
This position requires an individual who can multitask several projects with different timeframes and deliverables in collaboration with web team members and internal clients.
You’re a self-starter with initiative. You like to see your sketches, wireframes and comps through to implementation by turning them into working themes.
- Design technical solutions
- Follow coding best-practices and in-house process
- Interact with team members and clients to information gather and identify requirements
- Design – sketch, wireframe and comp ideas
- Code – prototype and implement designs
- Contribute to UX/UI decisions
- Work closely with Senior Brand Specialist regarding brand and styling
- Provide technical guidance to clients and to other team members
- Seek out new technology trends, tools, and opportunities for innovation
- Efficiently communicate with team members and clients as required
- Diploma in computer science, web development or related field, certification in current web development systems
- Presenting designs/rationale to team and clients
- Ability to create and convert comprehensive layouts and wireframes into working themed pages
- Demonstrable UX/UI skills, sketching, mock-ups, web designing, interactivity design, and writing design specifications
- Solid grasp of the Unix command line using DRUSH, Composer, Bower, Gulp
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment) and exposure to Agile or interactive SDLCs
- Experience working with Drupal
- Degree in computer science, web development or related field
- 3-5 years experience working with clients, designing solutions, and building web applications
- Experience developing in multi-environment workflow e.g. dev/test/stage/production, running Apache, PHP, MySQL and Varnish or similar
- Experience working with a CMS framework
- Experience working with code versioning in a continuous integration/delivery environment including GIT and Bit Bucket
- Experience working in an Agile project managed environment