The Centre for Applied Research, Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CARIE) is seeking applicants for the temporary position of Database Developer. The term of this temporary contract is from June to August 2019.
Reporting to the Research Facilitator, the incumbent will assist in the development of a metrics database within the Microsoft Office 365 ecosystem, which includes but is not limited to: SharePoint, PowerBI, PowerApps and Flow.
Working closely with the Research Facilitator and an established Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD), the incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
- create database tables in SharePoint
- establish table relationships in SharePoint
- utilize PowerApps to facilitate data entry and retrieval
- utilize Flow to establish approval workflows and task management
- develop PowerBI dashboard(s)
- develop PowerBI report(s) tailored to reporting requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Hold a two-year diploma in Computer Information Technology – combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Familiarity working with the following: SharePoint, PowerBI, PowerApps, and Flow.
- Knowledge of database development and user interface applications (mobile, web, etc)