Lessonbee Inc. is building a future where health and wellness are at the center of classroom instruction, and students have access to the lessons they need for success in school and in life. Our transformative school-based health education platform and adaptive digital curriculum are democratizing health and sex education by making comprehensive, consistent and credible health and sex education possible for every student in the US, regardless of their location.
We’re looking for an application / software developer (Node.js) to work at our Mount Vernon, NY-based startup. You will be responsible for designing, developing and updating the web application and web services.
- Understand the architecture, data flow of the applications
- Analyse the requirement and impact of the changes
- Designing, developing and updating the web application and web services
- Estimate the tasks and strive to complete the task within the agreed estimates
- Perform unit testing of self developed modules
- Actively communicate within the team regarding database/code changes
- Strictly follow the processes established by the development team
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT field.
- Hands on experience in AngularJS, NodeJS, ExpressJS and MySql
- Knowledge of Creating RESTful services with Node.js and
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of versioning systems Github
- Should be familiar with Build Tools like Gulp, Docker, Bower, NPM etc
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.