Why KPMG Lighthouse?
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse — KPMG Canada’s Center of Excellence for Data & Analytics + Intelligent Automation — applies data science to solve real-word business problems and operationalize AI. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently and working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Toronto has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Coordinator to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
What you will do
- Have a permanent “figure it out” mindset
The Operations Coordinator is accountable for supporting the KPMG Lighthouse leadership team with developing and executing strategy, business operations, including oversight and support of People Operations and Resource Management.
Quality / Operational
- Implement mechanisms to measure quality and client satisfaction
- Ensures a consistent high level of quality service is provided by the Lighthouse team by overseeing the quality and work flow being produced and providing guidance as necessary
- Develops and guarantees effective implementation and monitoring of policies and processes to respond to delivery issues
- In collaboration with the Leadership team, facilitate the performance development cycle including: annual goal setting, interim and year end reviews, year-end calibration and ongoing feedback
- Work with the Leadership team to address any performance issues of office staff
- Support recruiting operations by facilitating recruiting cycles, maintaining job profiles for current and future hiring.
- Coordinating with HR on people management issues, role description updates, career pathing changes.
- Overall resource planning and management for Lighthouse.
- Motivate the team to capitalize on their strengths and improve development areas
- Balance workload, coordinate work flow, and vacation schedules for the team in order to respond to the requirements of the business
- Identifies training and development needs of the current staff and works collaboratively with the local learning and development team to set priorities, manage execution and resolve any related issues for Lighthouse.
- Manages the Lighthouse facility in terms of how the space is utilized, space allocation as per priorities, etc.
- Equipment resourcing, utilization and tracking for hardware. This includes management of software licenses needed, as applicable.
- Health and safety – responsible for compliance with provincial Health & Safety legislation, responsible for WCB issues, liaises with the Director of Security and Life Safety for the building, conducts assessments in response to workplace/workstation accommodation requests
- Business Continuity – responsible for keeping business continuity plans current, ensuring communication/awareness to local partners about the plan and coordinating as needed.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an operations or project management role
- Superior interpersonal skills combined with the ability to be assertive and persistent.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships by providing exceptional service, with the ability to understand the clients' business and anticipate needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute change
- Experience in driving consistent business processes
- An aptitude for designing, implementing and continuously improving business processes
- Excellent Client Service Skills
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into clear tactical plans, processes and procedures
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management as well as junior staff
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive materials with a high degree of tact and discretion
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.