We're hiring for multiple positions at different experience levels so please include in your cover letter what related skills you have and what responsibilities/technologies most interest you.
Who are we?
Kiwi Collection is an online travel company as well as one of the world's largest independent reviewers of luxury hotels.
To ensure growth, Kiwi offers an inspiring work environment, learning & growth opportunities that allow you to gain the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Your job would mainly involve working with the product development or sales operations teams in a highly collaborative environment. We ensure that our developers have a ground up understanding and say in how and what we put on our sites by having them highly involved in the planning through agile development.
- Regular on and off-site social events
- Travel perks
- Adjustable sit/stand desks
- Kiwi's office is centrally located in Gastown, in downtown Vancouver, close to all major transport links and a world of entertainment options
Your Position Responsibilities
- Write well-architected, maintainable Object Oriented PHP code
- Add new web application features to hotel booking sites
- Support and improve our existing web services API
- Improve and build out technical toolset (testing framework, Continuous Integration system, etc)
- Write unit and functional tests for everything you write
- Work at improving performance on existing site
- Support all business units with troubleshooting
- Integrate 3rd party tools for analysis and site visibility
Our Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 - 7 years of OOP experience.
- Knowledge of Symfony or a similar PHP framework
- Proficiency in front end tech (css & js frameworks)
- Experience with web-based architecture
- Familiarity with web services, including REST-based and SOAP
- Experience integrating with back office systems such as Netsuite or Salesforce
- Experience in Agile environments
- Education in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys collaborating closely with all teams to deliver the best products
- Willing to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism
- Loves getting involved and solving problems
Current Kiwi Collection Technologies:
Symfony 4 PHP frameworks, Doctrine, Composer, MySQL, ElasticSearch
AWS (EC2, CloudFormation, Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS), Apache, Vagrant, Git
Job Type: Full-time
- development: 3 years (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)