Key Responsibilities: Duties to include:
(a) Building/Room Rentals:
The Centre has a number of rooms of various sizes which are available to serve our community. The Association is very interested in developing marketing initiatives with the objective of increasing our rental opportunities.
- Developing the annual rental budget.
- Setting up with the client the rental contracts that meet the rental guidelines within our computerized reservation system.
- ensuring the client has obtained any necessary permits/license/insurance.
- Hiring, training and monitoring of casual staff for rentals and communicating rental details to the Centre Programmer Assistant and staff.
- Supervise, communicate, and manage client requests in relationship to the date, time, space, staffing, and equipment.
- Connect with client the day of rental and follow up with client for post rental review.
(b) Association Administration:
To support the volunteer Board of Directors to carry out duties related to the Association's business:
- To maintain the Association Policies, Procedures and Governance material.
- To maintain Association records, including contracts of employees and contractors.
- Assist with researching and writing grant applications.
- Maintaining Board calendar and schedule of monthly meetings and related materials.
- Record the minutes and distribution of the monthly Board meetings (3rd Thurs evening).
- Establishing and managing KCCA's social media strategy and accounts (Website, Twitter, etc.)
- Maintaining Newsletter and mailing list via Mail Chimp.
- Scheduling Board social events and assist with planning as necessary.
- Working in collaboration with KCCA committees and Park Board staff on new initiatives.
- Annual General Meeting preparations and follow-up (AGM held in April).
- Assisting with the preparation, planning and materials for the New Board Orientation Workshop.
To assist the bookkeeper in minor financial duties when necessary
- To process bi-weekly payroll.
- To process, weekly, accounts payable and contractor pay.
- Experience in QuickBooks is an asset.
(c) Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar administrative office position with preference in working with a volunteer board or in a community program setting.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience in website maintenance, management and social media posting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic bookkeeping and financial administration skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to execute projects with autonomy and utilize resources in an efficient, effective manner.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- administrative: 2 years (Preferred)