The responsibilities of this position include, managing the day to day operations for the Refining department, developing a sales and marketing strategy for Canada and U.S., managing wicket sales and client relationship and managing sales force.
To ensure that all work meets the standards as established by Kitco.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a complete marketing strategy to broaden Kitco's refining scope in Canada and U.S.
- Supervise department staff.
- Ensure all Policies and Procedures as outlined by Kitco are followed.
- Ensure that all dealings are done with the level of professionalism as expected from all Kitco employees by providing the best customer service possible.
- Responsible for the physical gold (both bullion and scrap), platinum (both bullion and scrap), palladium (both bullion and scrap) and silver (both bullion and scrap) inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Tasks
- Network with jewellers and other suppliers of scrap across Canada and U.S.
- Manage day to day operations of Refining department.
- Ensure questions/inquiries from customers (internal and external) are addressed in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Ensure new account registration procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure assay service is properly defined and carried out.
- Ensure melts are properly carried out.
- Assist all Refining staff with end-of-day balancing duties and ensure all AG, AU, PT, PD, RH bullion, scrap and cash is put away in the vault, according to Kitco protocol.
- Assist refining staff when needed.
- Ensure anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing-related review procedures and reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Respond to requests from the Director accurately and professionally.
- Organize and manage projects.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Vocational Certificate.
- 5 - 10 years experience in refining.
- Thorough understanding of business practices.
- Proven analytical ability.
- Results oriented.
- Good initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to stand for prolonged periods (4 hours).
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Listening, validating and empathizing.
- Capacity to deal with angry or difficult customers.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong Computer/Internet skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Reliable with respect to work consistency and time and attendance.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Positive attitude and team player.
GENERAL OR PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong time management skills & organization skills.
- Strong Math skills.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of precious metals testing.
- Knowledge in preparing shipments for refining.
RELATIONSHIPS / CONTACTS
- External - Daily - Kitco customers both walk-in and telephone customers
- Internal- Daily - Kitco Precious Metals Division, Accounting, H.R, and Corporate employees.
ANTICIPATED TRAVEL / SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)