We are seeking a Project Engineer to assist the entire job team with daily duties and resolving issues that occur with each project. Duties are maintaining the construction schedule, procurement, meeting minutes, RFI's, COR's, job safety, walking the project, etc. Serve as the communication hub for the Architect, Engineers, Owner, Job Team, Subcontractors, Inspectors, community, and others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops full understanding of the scope and interdependence of all contract documents.
- Observes and records jobsite activity in accordance with required contractual frequency.
- Manages effective document control mechanisms for the project to ensure that work is performed in accordance with contract documents.
- Evaluates change order requests including design changes, specifications and drawing releases and reports status.
- Evaluates submittals of shop drawings, material data and samples and takes appropriate action based upon contract specifications.
- Reviews and processes as-built drawings to ensure that all changes during the course of construction are recorded.
- Reviews the project schedule and assists the project manager in the maintenance of it as requested.
- Manages the request for information process in order to facilitate the timely exchange of information between designer and contractor.
- Assists the project manager in the maintenance of effective cost control mechanisms for the project.
- Completes project close out requirements in accordance with contract documents.
- Coordinates meeting agendas, prepares minutes and follows up on action items.
- Administers quality control program as outlined in the project procedures manual.
- Becomes familiar with safety requirements of the project and monitors compliance.
- Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with owners, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of construction and engineering related processes, as well as industry practices. Knowledge of the roles and interdependence between the contractor, designer, owner and construction manager.
- Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint software required, and project management (P6) and scheduling database (Prolog) software preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, teamwork and analytical thinking.
- Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work and customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a bachelor degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Architecture or related from an accredited four-year university or college.
- Minimum 1-year position related work or internship experience in construction management or related field required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
- Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Must frequently travel and relocate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.