The Senior Environmental Manager will manage and oversee the profitability of the KES in the Southern California Region, as well as manage and oversee regulatory compliance and Green Initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have experience in construction regulatory requirements, sustainable building practices, budgets and forecasts, and management of people. Assists in the development of programs and processes involving interpretation of environmental regulations, standards, and/or internal policies to execute the Company Environmental and Sustainability strategy and goals within all Divisions, Departments, and Business Units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide training for environmental compliance to Kitchell employees as well as outside organizations and clients.
- Conduct marketing for KES, selling, planning, and maintaining client base.
- Manage the operation and client relations of the ongoing projects.
- Review and monitor the expenses, revenues, and fiscal accounting of projects.
- Coordinate and assist with other projects, sharing equipment, work force, technology, etc.
- Maintain and develop relationships with vendors and subcontractors establishing rates and terms of agreements for work to be performed.
- Coordinate efforts with other Kitchell business units and project directors.
- Research and develop new products and services.
- Meet with regulatory agencies regarding rules and regulations, negotiation of enforcement issues and training opportunities to keep KES ahead of the regulatory curve.
- Participate in environmental committees, organizations and trainings that pertain to environmental issues.
- Manage and review owner contracts, owner change orders, proposals, and estimates, job info sheets, financial budgeting, chart of accounts, forecasting, work authorizations, and subcontract agreements (MSA and standard sub agreements).
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and sales methods to optimize quality of service, business growth and client satisfaction.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between owners, clients, suppliers, visitors and Kitchell staff.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Management or a related field.
- Minimum 5-years of progressive related work experience in Environmental Services. 10-years in Environmental Services with experience running a profitable business preferred.
- Previous environmental experience in a construction capacity.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of contractor related environmental issues, hazards, regulations, safety, and standard best practices.
- Preferred qualifications include: CPESC, QSD/QSP, Method 9-Opacity, LEED, CISEC, and CESSWI.
- This is a safety sensitive position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office and construction environments.
- Conditions may include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
- The noise level in the work environment is regularly moderate and occasionally loud.
- Must be able to travel approximately 30%.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must frequently lift and or move 5 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.